Home

Case Review
Hamilton Enquiry
Whats New
How to Help
Links

New GuestMap Guest Book.

The Barron Inquiry - Draft Terms of Reference for Inquiry - A Fresh Inquest 2005 Inquest Account - BIRW Report - Witness Account - Ludlow Family Account - Sunday World report May 1976 - Meeting the Police OmbudsmanEd Moloney Radio Interview - 25th Anniversary - Profile - Questions - Photographs - Press Release - Letter to  RUC - Magill article 1999 - Press Coverage - Barron Report Published - Ludlow Family Response to Barron Report - Download the Barron Report from the Oireachtas website (pdf file) - Statement from Justice for the Forgotten - Joint Oireachtas Committee Request for Submissions - Joint statement from Justice for the Forgotten, Relatives for Justice and the Pat Finucane Centre - Download Transcript of Ludlow family meeting with Oireachtas Sub-Committee (Word file) - Publication of the Oireachtas Report - Download the Final Oireachtas Sub-Committee Report on the murder of Seamus Ludlow from the Oireachtas website (pdf file) - Ludlow family press release in response to the Oireachtas Report

Original Ludlow Family website - Second Ludlow Family website - The Dundalk Bombing


The Irish Independent, 30 March 2006:

 

Family slate 'hypocrisy' over inquiry into killing

Senan Molony

Political Correspondent

The family of a Dundalk man murdered by a rogue Red Hand Commando unit 30 years ago last night attacked the "hypocrisy" of the Government over the affair.

The family of Seamus Ludlow were speaking after an Oireachtas committee recommended a Commission of Investigation enquiring into the killing sit behind closed doors.

Yet the Government has been forcefully pressing the British Government to carry out an inquiry into the murder of Belfast solicitor Pat Finucane in the full glare of public scrutiny.

Mr Ludlow, a 47-year-old forestry worker, was kidnapped and killed in the early hours of May 2, 1976, after a four-man Loyalist squad had failed to find a Republican target in Dundalk earlier that day.

The family alleges that there was collusion between the British security forces in providing a dossier on the original target to the death squad, two of whom were serving members of the Ulster Defence Regiment (UDR).

Mr Ludlow's nephew,Micheal Donegan said the family was still pressing for a full public inquiry - which would be held in the open and allow the family to cross-examine witnesses.

He said last night: "We are locked out the door again . . . We will have no input into it, except what we are allowed.

"But as long as we have breath in our bodies we will go on with our fight - even though we know the killers will never face justice. The evidence has been lost or destroyed."

Arrest

Mr Donegan suggested a public inquiry was not being held because "the Government can't handle the truth. There were 50 people in this State killed by Loyalists during the '70s and not one person has ever been arrested by the gardai."

Politicians who launched their report into the killing yesterday said their proposed commission should investigate why gardai did not interview anyone in Northern Ireland in connection with the murder - even though four suspects had been identified in 1979, all of whom are still alive.

 

I Top

Download the Barron Report from the Oireachtas website (pdf file)

SUPPORT THE SEAMUS LUDLOW APPEAL FUND

Bank of Ireland
78 Clanbrassil Street
Dundalk
County Louth
Ireland

Account No. 70037984 

   Thank You. 

Copyright 2006 the Ludlow family. All rights reserved.
Revised: April 03, 2006